Acne TreatmentOrange County, CA MedSpa offering Acne treatment to customers in Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Garden Grove and Costa Mesa
The specialists at Da Vinci MedSpa are here to help you find the appropriate treatment to help you renew your complexion. Acne affects people of all ages and skin types. Almost 80% of the population suffer from acne vulgaris (acne) at some point in their life.
The typical way to approach acne is to include topical and systemic antibiotic, and systemic retinoids. Our medical estheticians provide problematic skin facials and will prescribe medical acne home care. There have been reports of teratogenic and psychological problems associated with systemic retinoid therapy.
For this reason, Da Vinci MedSpa skin care specialist employ safer effective methods that are customized to each client. Whether your acne condition is mild or extreme, our select variety of proven and safe treatments can address your specific needs.
What is Acne?
Acne is a disease that affects the skin’s oil glands. The small holes in your skin (pores) connect to oil glands under the skin. These glands make an oily substance called sebum. The pores connect to the glands by a canal called a follicle. Inside the follicles, oil carries dead skin cells to the surface of the skin. A thin hair also grows through the follicle and out to the skin. When the follicle of a skin gland clogs up, a pimple grows.
What Causes Acne?
The cause of acne is unknown. Doctors think certain factors might cause it:
- The hormone increase in teenage years (this can cause the oil glands to plug up more often)
- Hormone changes during pregnancy
- Starting or stopping birth control pills
- Heredity (if your parents had acne, you might get it, too)
- Some types of medicine
- Greasy makeup
How is Acne Treated?
Acne is treated by our doctor and our medical estheticians:
- Heal pimples
- Stop new pimples from forming
- Prevent scarring
Early treatment is the way to prevent scars.
How you should care for your skin?
Here are some ways to care for your skin if you have acne:
- Clean skin gently. Use cleanser in the morning, evening, and after heavy workouts. Scrubbing the skin does not stop acne. It can even make the problem worse.
- Try not to touch your skin. People who squeeze, pinch, or pick their pimples can get scars or dark spots on their skin.
- Shave carefully. If you shave, you can try both electric and safety razors to see which works best. With safety razors use sharp blade. Also, it helps to soften your beard with soap and water before putting on shaving cream. Shave lightly and only when you have to.
- Stay out of the sun, being in the sun a lot can also make skin wrinkle and raise the risk of skin cancer.
- Choose makeup carefully. All makeup should be oil free. Look for the word “noncomdedogenic” on the label. This means that the makeup will not clog up your pores. But some people still get acne even if they use these products.
- Shampoo your hair regularly. If your hair is oily, you may want to shampoo daily.
What Things Can Make Acne Worse?
Some things can make acne worse:
- Changing hormone levels in teenage girls and adult women 2 to 7 days before their period starts.
- Pressure from bike helmets, backpacks, or tight collars
- Pollution and high humidity
- Squeezing or picking at pimples
- Hard scrubbing of the skin
What Are Some Myths About Acne?
There are many myths about what causes acne. Dirty skin and stress doe not cause acne. Also, chocolate and greasy foods do not cause acne in most people.
What Treatment is Done First?
Here at Da Vinci MedSpa we recommend having an Environ problematic skin facial with one of our medical estheticians, to asses the best treatment possible for healthier skin.